Popular Posts

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rapper Too Short Aims To Be The Oldest Rapper Still Releasing Albums

Back in the 80's, emcee Too Short released his debut album "Don't Stop Rappin", and besides a few brief pauses he's still going strong to his word.

The young rapper from Oakland, California has gone a long way since his career first started, and has since released 18 albums. In a recent interview with Dub-CNN.com Short confirmed that his ultimate goal is to claim the title of the oldest rapper still releasing albums. "I think I just kind of set a goal for myself to play it as long as it can go. I just wanna do it longer than anybody else say they did it." "I wanna make more songs than anybody, I wanna be the oldest rapper who is active. I didn't set out to do this, but now that I'm doing it, I might as well do it to the fullest, like Brett Favre?"

While Brett Favre has 18 years under center in the National Football League, Too Short boasts a catalog of music that dates back to 1985's Don't Stop Rappin' on the 75 Girls label. Other twenty-five year Rap alumni having recently released music include Ice-T, Run D.M.C., Just-Ice, Dr. Dre, and The Beastie Boys, among others.

No comments: